Will perform payrolls for staff employees, maintaining employee records, voluntary and involuntary deduction reports, processing mentioned deductions, processing accounting transactions and related documentation.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of the department’s work in processing payrolls
- Keeping confidentiality of payrolls.
- Resolve pay inquiries.
- Reconcile assigned payroll.
- Provide garnishment calculations and maintain garnishment compliance.
- Provide support to HR in making changes required as a result of new labor agreements, laws, and policies.
- Compose ad hoc reports to address requests.
- Prepare audit reports for health, welfare pension trust payments deductions and submit check requests for payments in a timely manner.
- Prepare assigned journal entries and be accountable to tight month end timelines.
- Provide information to outside and inside auditors.
- Respond to inquiries during monthly preparation of financial statements.
- Provide support to both the Payroll Manager and Supervisor through task delegation.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects in an ever-changing environment.
- Professional command of English language.
- Knowledge of state and federal payroll tax codes.
- Must be proficient with computer environment.
- At least 4 years of payroll experience;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Multi-state experience;
- CPP certification;